For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Act”) and from the 25th of May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) the data controller is Venture Harbour Limited a company registered in England and Wales, with company number: 8291791, having its registered office at Thames Wing, Howbery Park, Wallingford, Oxfordshire, OX10 8BA, United Kingdom.
Our data protection officer is Marcus Taylor.
Information you provide directly to us
How we collect: We may collect and process information that you provide to us when you register to use our Site, fill in forms on our Site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter or a service, use our apps, enter a competition or promotion, apply for a job, respond to a survey, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Site, correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise or use the services, features or resources made available on our Site generally.
Categories of personal data we collect: We may collect your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, website URL, IP address, personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you
How we collect: Each time you visit our Site we may automatically collect and process information about your visit to our Site. We may collect technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from a page and contact details used to call our customer service number.
We may collect profiling information to track you online or via smart devices, to derive information from combining other data sets or using algorithms to analyse a variety of data, such as social media, location data and records of purchases.
Categories of personal data we collect: We may collect your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, website URL, personal description and photograph.
Information we receive from other sources
How we collect or receive: We may receive information about you from other websites we operate or other services we provide.
We may receive information about you from third parties (including, for example, business partners, affiliates or sub-contractors who provide technical, payment or delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers or credit reference agencies).
Categories of personal data we may collect or receive: We may collect or receive your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, website URL, personal description and photograph.
Uses made of information
We use information held about you for the following purposes:
Information you provide directly to us. We will use this information:
- To improve customer service.
- To personalise your user experience.
- To inform you of promotions, contests, surveys, or Site features.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us. For example to send you information and updates about your order, or to respond to your inquiries, questions and requests.
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your personal data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your personal data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your personal data (the opt-in newsletter form).
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- To administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
As part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine information we receive from other sources with information you provide directly to us and information we collect about you. We may use information we receive from other sources and the combined information for any or all of the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
Within our group: We may share your information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
To third parties: We may share your information with the following third parties:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the information to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 250 women aged over 25 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, men living in London). We may make use of the information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Venture Harbour Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Transfer of information to a third country
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share any password with anyone.
The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Data Subject Requests: You have the right to request:
- Access to your personal data.
- Rectification of your personal data.
- Erasure of your personal data.
- A restriction on the processing of your personal data.
- Object to the processing of your personal data.
- A transfer of your personal data (data portability).
Lodging a Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint in relation to our collection or use of your personal data with the applicable data protection authority (“supervisory authority”).
Withdrawing Consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent to us processing your personal data, at any time.
Where we process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your personal data) if we intend to use your personal data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your personal data.
We will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity for which it was provided or collected, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you have with us. If you delete your account or ask us to do so, your personal data will be deleted within 60 days and the remaining information shall be anonymised for analytical purposes.
Age of users
This Site is not intended for and shall not be used by anyone under the age of 18.
Links to other websites
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Our intention is to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal data. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive very seriously. We encourage people to notify us if they think that our collection or use of their personal data is unfair, misleading or inappropriate.
Venture Harbour Limited
Thames Wing, Howbery Park, Benson Lane,
Wallingford, Oxfordshire, OX10 8FD,
Email: [email protected]entureharbour.com